The incumbents will be responsible for preparing engineering fabrication packages and other process documentation for the manufacturing of custom heavy fabrications. They will investigate alternative process plans and assist in plant engineering. Must work in conjunction with Sales and Quality Control to create and sustain a positive, high energy continuous improvement environment while meeting customer schedules and specifications.
The successful candidate will hold, as a minimum, an Engineering Technology/Technician Diploma or equivalent experience in a technical/manufacturing field, have a minimum of 5, to a maximum of 10, years’ experience in a manufacturing environment. The candidate will have the ability to understand manufacturing processes, material specifications, costing, ASME & CSA code, and shop floor terminology. In addition to excellent written and verbal English, the candidate will be proficient in Solidworks and MS Office.
- Diploma (or degree) in a field related to mechanical engineering
- 5 years’ engineering related experience in the following fields;
- Plant engineering
- Machine design
- Process flow
- ASME Section III and VIII & CSA code experience considered an asset
- Effective in both verbal and written English language
- Team player with cooperative attitude
- Advanced Soldiworks CAD user
- Experience with WPDM Vault data management solution or similar system
- Experience with MS Office & MS Windows
- Experience with Microsoft Navision or similar software
A competitive compensation plan exists along with opportunity for growth.
OnDemand Staffing is committed to Employment Equity, welcomes diversity in the workplace, and encourages applications from all qualified individuals including women, members of visible minorities, aboriginal persons, and persons with disabilities. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, OnDemand Staffing will provide accommodations through the recruitment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.