Terms of Employment: Day Shift 7am-4pm and Evenings 3pm-11pm
Monday – Friday
Salary: $14.00 per hour
Anticipated Start Date: Tuesday March 6st, 2018
Location: St Catharines/NOTL
Transportation: own transportation required
Languages: Speak English, Read English, Write English
Work Setting: Indoors/, fast pace, warehouse setting.
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Repetitive tasks, physically demanding, heavy lifting, Attention to detail, standing for extended periods, maintained daily hygiene.
Responsibilities and Duties
This postion is to ensure all product coming off the line is packaged and sent to customers in a timely manner and in compliance to order specifications.
- Inspect, troubleshoot, clean, and adjust production machinery and equipment
- Performs quality checks
- Complete product changeovers with direction from lead hand and VP of Ops
- Ensure orders are packaged to specification and within the production schedule deadline
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills with relievers, lead hands and all other production staff
- Work within competing deadlines and an ever-changing production schedule
Qualifications and Skills
- Previous machine operator experience working in a production/manufacturing beverage environment an asset
- Some mechanical knowledge
- Possess trouble-shooting skills
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
- Be self-motivated and can work as part of a team
Requirements: This job is performed within a plant environment.
- Ability to stand, walk, sit, bend, kneel and lift up to 50lbs
- Must be willing to wear required Personal Protective Equipment (hairnet, ear plugs)
Own CSA Approved steel-toed boots
To Apply Visit Our Website: www.ondemandstaffing.
Or you can visit one of our office locations in Welland or St Catharines.
140 East Main Street in Welland Office 204
281 St Paul Street in St Catharines Office 206
You can reach us toll free at: 1-800-832-1274
OnDemand Staffing is committed to Employment Equity, welcomes diversity in the workplace, and encourages applications from all qualified individuals including women, members of visible minorities, aboriginal persons, and persons with disabilities. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, OnDemand Staffing will provide accommodations through the recruitment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.